1. The pipette should be clamped perpendicular to the bench.
2. The base plate of the clamp stand should be under the flask.
3. Ensure the end of the pipette is just above the flask.
4. Gloves may be necessary depending on the chemicals in use.
5. Placing a white base under the flask makes it easier to spot colour changes.
6. Waste should be properly disposed of.
Note, Health and safety errors have been deliberately introduced into the scenarios for educational purposes. We do not condone bad lab practice, but allowing students to see such scenarios can help develop hazard perception skills. Best practice may differ in your institution, please discuss this with a local instructor before setting up any glassware.