1. Dispose of waste correctly.
2. Keep the lid on chemical bottles when not in use.
3. Keep the sash closed when not working within the fumehood.
4. Make sure there are no trip hazards present in the bay.
5. This chemist should: wear their safety specs; fasten their lab coat; tie up their hair. Additionally, this flask should be labelled.
6. Phones should not be used within a lab.
7. All flasks of chemicals should be labelled.
8. The traps of the rotary evaporator and vacuum pumps should be emptied after use.
Note, Health and safety errors have been deliberately introduced into the scenarios for educational purposes. We do not condone bad lab practice, but allowing students to see such scenarios can help develop hazard perception skills. Best practice may differ in your institution. please discuss this with a local instructor.